I've always loved cats, and have had many over the years. The last cat I had was a wonderful kitty but I had to get rid of him because I developed asthma! UGH! I have always had allergies and it took me time to get used to every new cat in my life, and it wasn't too big a deal. But having an asthma attack when in the presence of a cat for any length of time was a whole new problem. Since I can't have cats of my own anymore, I live vicariously thru other cat-lovers. I frequent my friend
Anne's blog and just adore the kitty photos she has of her two look-alike kitty kids, Minou and Emmaline. She takes the most wonderful photos of her cats (lots of good food and garden shots, too)...it's worth a look, check it out! I also have a couple of kitty nephews and took some photos of them this spring when I was visiting. I thought I'd post some kitty pix today. Just for fun!
This is Bengal...he's a big ol' ham for the camera.


...not to mention a pretty boy.


My sister finally had to banish Bengal from the party because he wouldn't stay off of grandpa! But he made his presence known anyhow!


This is Mikey...

This was pretty much his attitude toward me and my camera all day. I just couldn't get a shot of him! He was sort of freaked out because of all the "strange" people at his house!
I love your kitty nephews! I used to be quite allergic to cats. Even seeing one walk by within 15 ft will get my eyes itchy and throat scratchy. In a minute more, I'm sneezing uncontrollably -- not a prety sight, mind you. But by the grace of God, my allergies completely left me when my (then) roomie moved in with a cat (that was Nikki). So when she moved away, I HAD to have that hypoallergenic cat! Since then (over 15 yrs now), I have not had any symptoms. Amazing, huh?
ReplyDeleteWhile I'm not a cat fancier, I have grown fond of my neighbors cats, who I have a love hate relationship with.
ReplyDeleteNice cat butt picture.
They're so pretty. I can't have cats either, because Bitsy has a penchant for eating them.
ReplyDeleteI miss having a kitty to snuggle though.
lol, Fiwa, you just tickle me...
ReplyDeleteGin - these photos are good, girl!
XOXO
I had cats as a child, but like you I'm allergic now. I love cat photos. And nothing beats a good purr.
ReplyDeleteBengal is gorgeous!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you can appreciate and enjoy cats, even if you can't live with them.
My dh lives with one (our very own Cleopatra) but he has a love/hate relationship with her. He complains that she is "completely covered in cat hair!!" Cleo looks much like Bengal. I could never get away with having a Mikey.