Friday, August 15, 2008

Movies

Andy and I went to the movie Wednesday. It's senior day and only costs $3.50 per person to see any movie anytime of the day. We share a medium popcorn and each get a medium drink and can get by for a $20 bill! Not bad! We opted for a matinee and I gave in to Andy's wishes to see something other than Mama Mia (which is what I wanted to see) so we ended up seeing the new Mummy movie... The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor. It wasn't too bad, the effects were cool, the story was pretty predictable and it was almost a carbon copy of the latest Indiana Jones movie. We saw that one earlier in the summer. Anyway, I still want to see Mama Mia...it looks like a fun diversion!

While we were watching previews of the new movies coming up, I was thrilled to see that in November the new Harry Potter movie is going to be released...Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince I just love Harry Potter and have read all the books and seen all the movies. I'll go see this one in the theater, as usual, and will enjoy it. I love sequel movies, for the most part, if they follow the same course the previous movies have. It's like seeing an old friend!

4 comments:

  1. Harry Potter VI should be interesting, but hard to watch too in some ways. (I don't want to say too much for the minute part of the population who might not know the story.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw Mama Mia yesterday. I LOVED IT!!! GO SEE IT!!! Even if you have to go alone!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No wonder that man of yours snapped you up. Your good in the kitchen, good in the garden, loving as all get out.

    AND, your a cheap date too!

    who could ask for anything more?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I saw the new Mummy movie too, and I agree with you - enjoyable but predictable. I was so jazzed to see the new Harry Potter movie is ready for release, but I read somewhere that they've moved the release date back to next summer. :( Bummer. Plus, if you IMDB it you'll see that Deathly Hallows is set to be released in 2010 and in TWO PARTS!! That means they'll go more deeply into the story. Something they haven't done since the first two books. I'm really jazzed about that! (Can you tell I'm a total Potter-Head? LOL)

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...comment...you know you want to!