Sunday, January 27, 2008

GTS Green is good...

...especially in the middle of a cold, dark winter. Okay, so today is sunny and not quite so cold, almost above freezing, but it does my heart good to look at these little sprouting herbs and the bulbs look so sweet. And this rose is like firewood to my heart. It's not only heart-warming because it's something growing that isn't supposed to grow this time of year here in my area, but it warms my heart because a wonderful friend from Louisiana sent it to me. Check 'em out.

Herbs







Bulbs









The Rose



I think that banner in the rose pot has attracted a lady bug into my house. Good luck, eh?

9 comments:

  1. Oh wow you have a nice garden pants i love it. Good job. Take care and have a nice Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the bulbs - they almost look like candles with green flames.

    Happy Sunday!
    fiwa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you will have a lot of color around your garden a little later this year!
    Happy GTS,
    Aiyana

    ReplyDelete
  4. AACK! You have just reminded me that my mother got a white amaryllis for me for Christmas...AND IT'S STILL IN THE BOX!!!

    (rushing to get it planted this instant)

    LOL, and love you, Gin,
    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Ginni! I LOVE that first shot with your teeny basil sprouting. Which rose is this? I have some baby bands hiding out in the small trash can I use for mixing soil. It's very windy today and the rain's been flying sideways. A few of the teensiest bands I ever saw came from Rogue Valley.

    ReplyDelete
  6. you will blink and spring will be there.
    what rose is that? i love how bonsai it looks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw that cute little basil pot at Sears the other day. I need some green in my house too. Although I have such a black thumb... Maybe I'll just gaze at yours a little longer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Home-grown herbs are the best. Nothing beats fresh basil or cilantro.

    What kind of blubs, G?

    Ladybugs are cool. We get 2-3 a day in our upstairs bathroom, despite having no earthly idea how they get in, as we can find no entry point. My daughter always wants to put them in a jar, but we dutifully take them back outside instead.

    Thx for your nice comments on my blog. =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for all your sweet comments you sweet people.

    Genny, I love having something green in the house to help get past these winter blahhhs.

    Fiwa, I love the bulbs and you're right, they do look like green flames.

    Aiyana, I'm really looking forward to growing some herbs again this year. They are so much better fresh from the garden or the pot!

    Sis, I hope your amaryllis is okay. I was going to get a couple of those but by the time I got back to the store, they were gone. That'll teach me!

    Anne, the basil is so cute and I love it in cooking, so I hope it doesn't damp off! The rose is a Fabulous! from a dear friend of mine in Louisiana. She just has the greenest thumb! (BTW, the explanation point after the name of the rose is part of it's name) It's the sweetest little floribunda that blooms like crazy.

    Dawn, I know spring will be here before I know it. Or I hope it will!!

    Tink sweetie, you are welcome to look at my green anytime you need a green fix!

    Cary, the bulbs are as follows: The little ones in the brown, purple and dark green bulb vases are crocus. The larger green vases are Hyacinths and the square vase is Paperwhite. I have crocus and hyacinths in my garden but have never tried paperwhite before, I'm anxious to see how they smell, they're supposed to be very fragrant. BTW, ladybugs are magic, they get in thru the walls...or so it seems! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...comment...you know you want to!