Friday, October 12, 2007

Halloween Project ...fun and easy!

I got out my Halloween decorations yesterday and found a project I made last year. It's very simple and kids will have fun making these cute toilet paper punkins! Okay, so I'm not a kid, but I had fun making them. It's a safe, quick project for a rainy fall day. Mom can cut out the fabric so there are no scissors involved for the kiddies.

I'm going to try to show you how to do it.

Need for each punkin:

1 roll of toilet paper
1 square of orange Halloween print fabric that's about 21" X 21" (22" square is okay too)
1 rectangle of green print fabric for the stem that's about 10" X 14"



Forgive the wrinkles, I just undid one of the punkins I had and didn't have time to iron the fabric.

Set the roll of TP in the center of the larger square of fabric, on the "wrong" side of the fabric.



Pull up the edges and tuck them into the center of the top of the TP roll... folding the fabric over in pleats as you go.



Go around until you have all the edges of the fabric tucked into the top of the roll.



Then fold the green piece of fabric in half lengthwise.



Begin to roll up the green fabric from one end, to make the stem.



When you get almost to the end, flare out the last two corners, these will be your leaves.



Tuck the green fabric into the top of the TP roll, tucking so that you end up with a stem and two leaves sticking out of the top of the roll.



This is what they should look like when you're done! Cute, eh?



Come on, it's easy and even kids can do it!!

There's so much cute Halloween fabric out there right now and there's still plenty of time to make these for the kids Halloween party (they can use them to go TP the neighbors trees when the party is over!!)

Thought for the day...

"Life beats down and crushes the soul and art reminds you that you have one."

Stella Adler

1 comment:

  1. That is very cute! Did you come up with that on your own? My neices would love doing that, I'll have to the idea along.

    I can't wait for Halloween, I love to decorate and give out candy.

    ReplyDelete

Go ahead...comment...you know you want to!